Help... Connecting from office to home

A. Di Santo anthony.disanto "at" home.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:54:47 +0000

Greetings,

I hope I'm mailing this message to the proper person(s).

I am one of many people at my office who are behind a proxy server and
firewall. The firewall is a packet-filtering variety which has port 5800
open. When I use my netscape or I.E. browser to connect from my Winnt
workstation 4.0 pc at the office to the winvnc server on my winnt 4.0
workstation home pc (I type in my IP address:5800), I am prompted for
the password - which I enter. I then click the okay button and after
about thirty seconds the message "No route to Host" appears.

I've read and attempted to follow your information on firewalls, even
using vnc via a proxy to "fool" the firewall, but nothing seems to help.
Do you have any suggestions?