BUG REPORT: Mac TridiaVNC Server v3.4.0 alpha 2

Mike Babulic mike.babulic "at" gov.calgary.ab.ca
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:07:45 +0000

on 11/29/00 2:40 PM, Jonathan Morton at chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com wrote:

>> Problem solved.  I had neglected to remove the VNC control panel when I
>> removed 3.3.2b2 (aka Beta 3.0.1)
>>
>> It's still MUCH less responsive.  I'll try the 68k server in a few days &
>> see if that helps
>
> The VNC Control Panel has nothing to do with it.  Look in the Extensions
> folder for "vncPatches" and replace it with the version bundled with the
> server.

I'll explain what happened another way:  Although I installed the Tridia
Server correctly (including the vncPatches extension) I didn't completely
remove the AT&T server (specifically the AT&T control panel).  This caused
the problem that I reported

--
Mike Babulic,  Management Systems Analyst
Engineering Computer Services,  The City of Calgary