Wallendahl, Michael/SEA mwallend "at" ch2m.com
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:30:05 +0000

I am not really surprised.  Most of the mailing lists I subscribe to exhibit
this type of behavior.

My $.02

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph A. Knapka [mailto:jknapka "at" earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 10:24 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Reply-To: (was Re: VNC via dial-up networking ?)

My apologies for spamming the list with my previous reply to
Mark's message. Apparently all vnc-list messages come with
a "Reply-To" setting of "vnc-list", which I did not notice
at the time.

Why is this the case? Personally I expect my MUA's "Reply"
function to reply to the author and "Reply All" to reply to
the list, and the "Reply-To:" header does great violence to
my expectations. Of course I will keep this characteristic
of vnc-list in mind in the future, but I wonder if others are
surprised by this behavior?

$.02

-- Joe

Mark Graves wrote:

> I think I'm getting warmer ... If I run VNC Viewer on the RAS server, it
> works fine and I can control the dialled-in PC, but if I run VNC Viewer
> on my PC on the same network (logged-in to the same domain), I cannot
> connect. Is there some way to do this from my PC ?  Help appreciated.

-- Joe Knapka