VNC directionality?

Richard Spaven r_spaven "at" brewhurst.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:21:02 +0000

If it is on the DNS lookup try testing using IP addresses and machine names!
Is it just the connection response or screen update response?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Mike Armstrong
Sent: 28 November 2000 16:29 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: VNC directionality?

We've got a situation where several NT and Windows 2000 boxes on opposite
sides of a WAN can use VNC to look at each other on occasion.  The oddity
is,
going in one direction (e.g., Box A on "this" side of the WAN runs the
viewer
to look at Box B on "the other" side of the WAN) is very speedy with great
response time, but in the other direction (i.e., Box B runs the viewer)
response time is terrible -- unacceptable, really.  This pattern is observed
on several machine pairs, as though the WAN had a bias against traffic in
one
direction.  Our ISP assures us that the WAN is transparent, but we have no
way
of verifying that.  Any comments/suggestions?

Mike Armstrong

This message has been checked for all known viruses, by Star Internet,
delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.
For further information visit:
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp