Keyboard remapping bug?

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:26:58 +0000

> Undoubtably. X11 servers have to add their own level of remapping.
>
> Today I did a few new experiments and talked with other users. I connected
> from another NT box and saw the same problem. I connected in reverse from
> the problem box to another NT and things worked fine. Other people report
> having this problem intermittantly so I rebooted. The the problem is now
> gone. Should have done that first but I hate to boot remotely.
>
> Next time I will try just restarting the Exceed X11 server to give more
> isolation information.

Strange.  Could be related to the NumLock-disabling issue.  It sounds like
Exceed is using the scancodes in keyboard events, rather than the VK_
values.  VNC has to fake the scancodes, so presumuably this isn't done quite
correctly.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall