VNC via dial-up networking ?

Mark Graves mark.graves "at" penborn.co.uk
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:33:15 +0000

Hi,
Apologies if this has come up before (I did search the mailing list DB).
I have VNC running in app. mode at work on our NT server, which allows
me to run the viewer on my PC at home after logging on to the server via
modem and dial-up networking. I can therefore remotely administer the
server.

This all works fine but now I would like to do kind of the reverse. I am
at work sitting in front of my PC, and a user dials-in & logs-on to the
network. I would like to run a viewer on my PC which will allow me to
control his PC (assuming it has VNC running in app. mode). When I try
this, I am unable to connect. Network neighbourhood does not show the
user in the list, presumably because they are not local to the network.
Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do ? Help appreciated.

Regards,
--
Mark Graves
Penborn Technical Services