Keyboard remapping bug?

Morris, Steve smorris "at" cereva.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:47:00 +0000

 > Above, you say that Outlook sees the correct key-mapping -
 > is this with or without VNC present?

Outlook through VNC works fine with the special keys.

 > It sounds to me as though Exceed is doing some
 > low-level hackery to get the keyboard input values.

Undoubtably. X11 servers have to add their own level of remapping.

Today I did a few new experiments and talked with other users. I connected
from another NT box and saw the same problem. I connected in reverse from
the problem box to another NT and things worked fine. Other people report
having this problem intermittantly so I rebooted. The the problem is now
gone. Should have done that first but I hate to boot remotely.

Next time I will try just restarting the Exceed X11 server to give more
isolation information.

Thanks.