Keyboard remapping bug?

Steve Bostedor steveb "at" tshore.com
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:45:24 +0000

Another useful link is
https://www.regsoft.net/regsoft/form.php3?productid=33036&formtype=MAIL&pc=&
rc=

The top section will tell you how to order by check.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Rodney Wines
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 9:59 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: Keyboard remapping bug?

I discovered a keyboard mapping problem last night between two NT systems.

I've been using VNC for several months in preference to Remotely Possible
because of keyboard mapping problems with that product.  I have a US QWERTY
keyboard on my desktop system, but I must connect to NT servers with French
AZERTY keyboards.

VNC seemed to handle things fine, both letters and numbers.  However, last
night, I discovered that I couldn't write a quote mark (either single or
double).  I tried telling the target machine that its keyboard was US
English
instead of French, which works with Remotely Possible, but that totally
hosed
everything.  I ended up having to edit files on my local machine and copy
them to the remote.  Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Rodney