Keyboard remapping bug?

Rodney Wines Rodney.Wines "at" ahqps.alcatel.fr
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:07:51 +0000

I discovered a keyboard mapping problem last night between two NT systems.

I've been using VNC for several months in preference to Remotely Possible
because of keyboard mapping problems with that product.  I have a US QWERTY
keyboard on my desktop system, but I must connect to NT servers with French
AZERTY keyboards.

VNC seemed to handle things fine, both letters and numbers.  However, last
night, I discovered that I couldn't write a quote mark (either single or
double).  I tried telling the target machine that its keyboard was US English
instead of French, which works with Remotely Possible, but that totally hosed
everything.  I ended up having to edit files on my local machine and copy
them to the remote.  Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Rodney