Keyboard remapping bug?

James ''Wez'' Weatherall jnw22 "at" cam.ac.uk
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:36:32 +0000

> The numlock light is off.
>
> Again my configuration is:
>
> vncclient running on win98
> vncserver running on NT 4.
> X11 server (Exceed) running on the NT box.
> xemacs running on a third box as a client on the NT X11 server. (I just
> checked. xterm sees the same problem so it is not xemacs specific.)
>
> o - Outlook running on the NT box sees the expected keymapping. I assume
> that other native applications do also.
>
> o - The keys are mapped properly if I type at the NT box directly.
>
> o - It is only when vnc comes into the picture that the special keypad
goes
> wrong.

Above, you say that Outlook sees the correct key-mapping - is this with or
without VNC present?  It sounds to me as though Exceed is doing some
low-level hackery to get the keyboard input values.

Cheers,

James "Wez" Weatherall