[ANNOUNCEMENT] VNCj version 0.3

Tal Liron tliron "at" amherst.edu
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 21:09:06 +0000

Hey,

[New in version 0.3: Shared sessions, Console model, Hextile and CoRRE
encodings.]

As of now VNCj supports the following models for serving VNC from Java:

1) Swing framework
2) AWT framework - virtual desktop
3) Lightweight - direct image manipulation
4) Pixel - direct buffer manipulation
5) Console - text mode (!)
6) RFB - direct protocol access

VNCj supports incremental frame updates, with separate frame/event queues
per client for shared sessions.

VNCj supports all standard VNC encodings: Hextile, CoRRE, RRE, Raw and
CopyRect. It supports any pixel format requested by the client.

There is even limited support for the new AWT Robot class for access to the
underlying desktop.

VNCj includes a tiny web server for serving the MF viewer applet. This
allows VNC access from Java-enabled web browsers without installing a VNC
viewer.

http://www.amherst.edu/~tliron/vncj

Please help me test it and send me feedback.

-Tal