keyboard problems

Neil Zanella nzanella "at" cs.mun.ca
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 05:33:02 +0000

Hello,

I have just installed vnc-3.3.3r2 for Linux on a Red Hat Linux 6.2
platform running kernel 2.2.17 and XFree86 version 3.3.6. I have a
standard US keyboard and when I run the vncserver on Linux and then
the vncviewer on Linux I get twm running but when I type a key I get
a totally different letter appearing in my xterm. This happens for all
keys, not just two or three. How can I fix this problem? Should I
be calling xmodmap in my .vnc/xstartup and if so then why isn't this
done automatically.

Thanks,

Neil Zanella
nzanella "at" cs.mun.ca