[ANNOUNCEMENT] Mac 68k-compatible vncPatches

Tim Senecal tsenecal "at" denverpost.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:02:43 +0000

ok,

somebody had to do it....

I have installed the latest tridiaVNC mac server, with the latest
vncpatches68k on my BasiliskII emulation.

it is configured thusly:

emulating a quadra 950 (68040)
20mb of ram,
system 7.6.1
OT 1.1.2
256 colors
800x600 screen size

system takes up about 4.5mb when not running server,
about 6.5mb when running server,
server uses 680k of 2mb when running

server and extension both load fine, and server can be configured fine.

one (small) problem.

the mouse on the server is not being updated by clients. neither mouse
movement nor button state, although movement on local machine causes remote
screen to be properly updated.

keyboarding works fine.  just the mouse has trouble.

I understand that there may be little or no desire to work this out, but I
thought you might like the input.

tim