[ANNOUNCEMENT] Mac 68k-compatible vncPatches

Jonathan Morton chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:12:37 +0000

>After several false starts I have finally managed to get a 68k version
>of the vncPatches working correctly.

Hehe, you beat me to it - I was just thinking of this kind of post.

For the sake of detail, the known-working machine is my Quadra 840av, but
there's no reason against most other 68k machines working.  Requirements
are: 68020 processor with "a few" megabytes of free RAM, plus System 7.5.x
or higher.

I've just tested the Quadra with System 7.5.5 + OT 1.1.2 and MacOS 8.1.

There does appear to be a problem which shows up sometimes when drawing
menus - the client will report an "invalid response from server" and shut
down the connection in this case.  Hopefully I'll be able to track it down
and fix it.

>It is hoped that (most of?) the functionality of the vncPatches68k will
>be built into the next release (alpha 3?) of the Mac TridiaVNC Server.

...along with a number of other improvements.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
big-mail: chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/