Compiling vnc on SGI IRIX 5.3

Tristan Richardson tjr "at" uk.research.att.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:47:44 +0000

"John Fletcher" <J.P.Fletcher "at" aston.ac.uk> writes:

> > I am compiling vnc-3.3.3r2 on SGI IRIX 5.3.
> > On the first build
> >
> > xmkmf
> > make World
> >
> > to build the vncauth library I get a message
> >
> > unresolved usleep
> >
> > Has anyone else solved this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John Fletcher
> >
> I also get the same message with VNC 3.3.3r1. In both cases at
> the time it is doing the following step:
>
> making all in ./vncviewer...
>     rm -f vncviewer
>     /usr/bin/cc -o vncviewer -O2 -xansi -32   -Wf,-XNh2000
> argsresources.o  colour.o  desktop.o  dialogs.o  fullscreen.o
> listen.o  misc.o  popup.o  rfbproto.o  selection.o  shm.o  sockets.o
>  vncviewer.o -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11
> ../libvncauth/libvncauth.a -nostdlib  -L/usr/lib
>
> I am wondering whether it need another library in the list and if so,
> what and how to add it in.

All uses of usleep in the vncviewer code are for debugging purposes, so you
should just be able to comment them out without any problem.  However, finding
a library with usleep in would be a better solution.  I suppose if we used
autoconf instead of imake we wouldn't get these problems....

Cheers

Tristan