NT, VNC and SSH

Michael Sage m.sage "at" netcom.co.uk
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:20:12 +0000

Hey,

I have had a look through the archives and I couldn't see that this had been
covered, I apologise now if it has.

I need to get a secure connection to a NT VNC server, I have managed to get
SSHD to work under NT and now have a secure connection to the box, I can also
connect to VNC via an unsecured connection.

When I try to connect to the VNC server using the secure connection (via
SecureCRT a SSH Client for Windows and the VNC viewer), I get the following
error and I can't work out why.

The error reported by SecureCRT is Channel open failure reported from server
for host : 194.73.160.15 : port : 5901.

If any one could, help or even point me in the right direction I would be most
grateful.

Regards,

Michael Sage