VNC vs PC Anywhere

Jonathan Morton chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:14:48 +0000

>I have been using VNC for quit a while now and I find it adequate.
>However, another company that maintains software on our server complains that
>VNC is too slow and that PC Anywhere is faster. Is this true?

It entirely depends on what your operating environment is like (speed of
network etc.) and which versions of VNC you are using (and therefore the
types of compression available).  Also bear in mind that PCanywhere is
expensive and not as cross-platform as VNC.  If you're happy with VNC, you
don't need anything else!

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
big-mail: chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/