VNC installation security on WinNT

Chris Wolfe cwolfe "at"
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 18:18:56 +0000

A thread cropped up on BugTraq on Sunday regarding the permissions set
on the VNC registry entries and files following a default install under
WinNT. AFAIK installing on WinNT currently behaves identically to Win9x,
it might be worth building a post-install configuration program for
WinNT to make things easier for the admins.

David LeBlanc (the second message) raises a few issues about required
permissions that I do not think are relevant with WinVNC as a service,
but someone more familiar with the internals can double-check. I tossed
a message to BugTraq to try and straighten out some of the confusion,
hopefully I did not manage to spread too many mistakes.

See: (watch line wrapping)

to majordomo "at"
See also: