Host permission to viewer to establish connection to computer

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:46:15 +0000

Yes, I don't know about the Unix versions, but in WinVNC, the registry key
AuthHosts can be set to "-:?" (and your QuerySettings is set to 2), the user
will be queried to accept (it's set to AutoReject if it times out - the
timeout is also adjustable via the QueryTimeout key).  This is all in the
docs.

-----Original Message-----
From: kai.vatne "at" tussa.no [mailto:kai.vatne "at" tussa.no]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 8:37 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Host permission to viewer to establish connection to computer

Is it possible to have a VNC server authenticate an inbound session, with
the
user pressing OK or CANCEL to allow the connection?

I have just downloaded VNC and it seems to be just the product my company
has been looking for.  But my concern is how easy it is for anyone to watch
other
people work, without them knowing it, provided you know the password, of
course.

I have searched for an update where the host has to give you permission
before
the session can continue, to avoid conflicts.  I found a winvnc.exe at
http://members.yline.com/~micattack/, but I am not sure if this one can be
used
as I am running 3.3.3r7.

Can anyone please help me?