Host permission to viewer to establish connection to computer

kai.vatne@tussa.no kai.vatne "at" tussa.no
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:50:45 +0000

Is it possible to have a VNC server authenticate an inbound session, with the
user pressing OK or CANCEL to allow the connection?

I have just downloaded VNC and it seems to be just the product my company
has been looking for.  But my concern is how easy it is for anyone to watch
other
people work, without them knowing it, provided you know the password, of course.

I have searched for an update where the host has to give you permission before
the session can continue, to avoid conflicts.  I found a winvnc.exe at
http://members.yline.com/~micattack/, but I am not sure if this one can be used
as I am running 3.3.3r7.

Can anyone please help me?

Regards,