How to Upload

Liping Feng lfeng "at" viaquo.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 00:26:24 +0000


Actually, I just need the host and the directory where I can upload the
files to. Why do I care secure telnet and ftp? So do you happen to know the
host and the diretory?


-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of jeff
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 1:56 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: How to Upload


ssh is like telnet except it is succure and you can forward ports through
it.  scp is like cp except that it is secure.  There are windows ports that
work, instructions for installing them have been posted many times in the
last couple of months.  Sorry, I can't give you more help with this, my
documentation is in another state right now.  I am using ssh and vnc to work
on those servers right now :)

Get OpenSSH from http://www.openssh.org  You are going to have to look for
instructions.  I got it working by following a combination of three
different set of instructions.  Good luck.


----- Original Message -----
From: Liping Feng <lfeng "at" viaquo.com>
To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 1:35 PM
Subject: RE: How to Upload


> sshd? scp? Please be more descriptive.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
> [mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of jeff
> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 12:16 PM
> To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
> Subject: Re: How to Upload
>
>
> if you have sshd running on it, you can use scp
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Liping Feng <lfeng "at" viaquo.com>
> To: <vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com>
> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 11:55 AM
> Subject: How to Upload
>
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to upload modified VNC code to VNC site?
> >
> > Liping
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
> > to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com
> > See also: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
> to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com
> See also: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
> to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com
> See also: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com
See also: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com
See also: http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------