BUG REPORT: Mac TridiaVNC Server v3.4.0 alpha 2

a.umpleby@ic.ac.uk a.umpleby "at" ic.ac.uk
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 22:01:02 +0000

> minor: Not as responsive as before

Have a go with my vncPatches68k (see URL below).
Although I'm primarily aiming to get 68k VNC server going, I have added
a couple of features which should help with the 'feel' of responsiveness.
Just to give you an idea - I've been using my Duo 2300 over the net via
a modem connection - somewhat painful, but it is useable!

Actually, I would be grateful if anyone with a 68k Mac could try out the
vncPatches68k with the TridiaVNC server alpha 2 (there's also an alpha 1
compatible version available) - I have not actually had chance to try it
yet myself on a *real* 68k Mac!

> major: ...

I've been discussing this a little with Jonathan - it's related to the
drag manager on newer OSes (I've had no trouble with 8.1, only >=8.5).
It's looking like it could be some work to overcome it completely...

However, since my vncPatches68k gives time to the server from more patches
than the original vncPatches, it's possible it might just help (a little).

vncPatches68k URL:  http://wrench.et.ic.ac.uk/adrian/software/vnc/

Hope that helps - I'm sure Jonathan will pitch in with some comments, too!

Bye!