BUG REPORT: Mac TridiaVNC Server v3.4.0 alpha 2

Mike Babulic mike.babulic "at" gov.calgary.ab.ca
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:20:06 +0000

on 11/18/00 10:51 AM, Jonathan Morton at chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com wrote:

> Another new version of the Mac Server is now uploaded at
> http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/.  This release contains many
> enhancements and fixes over alpha 1, so all users please upgrade.

Server:  Powermac 8100/110, 32mb, Mac OS 8.6, Open Transport 2.0.3

Client:  3.3.3.2 on NT Workstation v4

I've had to go back to 3.3.2b2 (aka Beta 3.0.1) because of the following
problems:

  minor: Not as responsive as before

  major: Once a menu is clicked/pulled down, the server doesn't follow mouse
         movement and key presses from the client; nor does the client
         window update.  You must go to the server and use its mouse and
         keyboard; or you must wait until the menu click times out
--
Mike Babulic,  Management Systems Analyst
Engineering Computer Services,  The City of Calgary