Macros in Win16 app freeze w/slow connection

Eugene Flitman flitman "at" d902.iki.rssi.ru
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:09:44 +0000

There were no application entries in registry for win16 applications. I
added them and added "use_Deferral" parameter set to zero. Is that
what you meant?

Also, while I'll test the results, I'd like to understand (since I actually
have 4 machines in similar configuration) - is the problem specifical to
Win16 applications, or slow modem connection - should I also set this
option for Win32 apps on these machines?

Thanks.
Eugene.

> Find the name of the Win16 executable and then look in the VNCHooks
> settings in the current user's registry.  One of the keys under the
> problem application's entry there will be "use_DeferredUpdate" - set
> this to zero and your problem should go away.
>
> To find the name of the app, press C-A-D and note the list of
> processes, then cancel, run the app, and C-A-D again!
>
> Cheers,
>
> James "Wez" Weatherall
> --
>           "The path to enlightenment is /usr/bin/enlightenment"
> Laboratory for Communications Engineering, Cambridge - Tel : 766513
> AT&T Labs Cambridge, UK                              - Tel : 343000

Eugene Flitman,
Leading software engineer,
SMIS Lab, Space Research Institute (Moscow, Russia).