Macros in Win16 app freeze w/slow connection

Eugene Flitman flitman "at" d902.iki.rssi.ru
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:52:03 +0000

I have Win95 with WinVNC 3.3.3 R7. I have series of Win16
applications running automatically from a Win32 scheduling
application. Win16 apps perform automatic image processing (with
massive and fast window updates) by running macros (implemented
thru a message queue). When I connect to WinVNC over a 28.8
modem, the macros stop running after several macro operations, just
get paused indefinitely without any reason - the program still responds
but macros don't run, though the program reports to be in "macro
running" mode. Over a 10Mbit LAN everything works fine.

Any ideas for the reason and how to fix it? Should I disable WinVNC
deferral and for which apps (all Win16, or Win32 scheduler)? May
upgrade to Win98 help?

Eugene Flitman,
Leading software engineer,
SMIS Lab, Space Research Institute (Moscow, Russia).