Macros in Win16 app freeze w/slow connection

Eugene Flitman flitman "at"
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:52:03 +0000

I have Win95 with WinVNC 3.3.3 R7. I have series of Win16
applications running automatically from a Win32 scheduling
application. Win16 apps perform automatic image processing (with
massive and fast window updates) by running macros (implemented
thru a message queue). When I connect to WinVNC over a 28.8
modem, the macros stop running after several macro operations, just
get paused indefinitely without any reason - the program still responds
but macros don't run, though the program reports to be in "macro
running" mode. Over a 10Mbit LAN everything works fine.

Any ideas for the reason and how to fix it? Should I disable WinVNC
deferral and for which apps (all Win16, or Win32 scheduler)? May
upgrade to Win98 help?

Eugene Flitman,
Leading software engineer,
SMIS Lab, Space Research Institute (Moscow, Russia).
flitman "at"
+7(095)333-5313(w) +7(095)420-6948(h) +7(901)732-4408(mob),
to majordomo "at"
See also: