VNC View of an iMac

Jonathan Morton chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 22:39:08 +0000

>I have used VNC for a while, but am having trouble with a new config.  My
>father just bought an iMac and I am trying to help him & teach him to use
>it.  I installed and started VNC Server for iMac (PPC) on his machine. I
>start the connection using VNC Viewer (or the JAVA web browser version) on
>my end - am prompted for password etc.   My father can see his mouse
>pointer moving around his screen, controlled by me.  The problem is that I
>can not see his screen on my end - "Please wait, initial screen loading" is
>all I see (on a grey background).  I can ping his IP address successfully.
>I am using VNC Viewer for NT and he is using VNC Server for PPC.  I have
>played with the screen options on the Viewer side but can not get past the
>Initial Screen Loading message.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Please try using the server i released only yesterday, from the URL in my
signature.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
big-mail: chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/