VNC View of an iMac

Scott J. Sherratt scott "at" sherratt.org
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:44:52 +0000

I have used VNC for a while, but am having trouble with a new config.  My
father just bought an iMac and I am trying to help him & teach him to use
it.  I installed and started VNC Server for iMac (PPC) on his machine. I
start the connection using VNC Viewer (or the JAVA web browser version) on
my end - am prompted for password etc.   My father can see his mouse
pointer moving around his screen, controlled by me.  The problem is that I
can not see his screen on my end - "Please wait, initial screen loading" is
all I see (on a grey background).  I can ping his IP address successfully.
I am using VNC Viewer for NT and he is using VNC Server for PPC.  I have
played with the screen options on the Viewer side but can not get past the
Initial Screen Loading message.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Scott J. Sherratt  --  Morgan Hill, California
scott "at" sherratt.org     Fax: (603)297-3007