Is it possible to tunnel VNC over HTPP to go through a firewa ll

ROTTENBERG,HAL (HP-USA,ex1) hal_rottenberg "at" hp.com
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:54:55 +0000

For security reasons it would probably be a better idea to use a VPN tunnel.
This way your traffic is authenticated and encrypted.  Otherwise anyone with
a vncviewer can keep hitting your server trying to guess the password.

Hal Rottenberg             | Hewlett-Packard
Technical Support Engineer | Phone: +1-404-774-4041
Internet Security Division | Email: hal_rottenberg "at" hp.com