tight encoding over VPN?

Greg Breland gbreland "at" healthtech.net
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:05:30 +0000

The main problem with speed on a windows VNC server is that VNC takes a lot
of time determing which parts of the screen have updated.  The Windows VNC
server is fairly slow on my local 100mb lan, but the Linux Server is like I
am sitting in front of the console.

Also, PcAnywhere does not send the server cursor over.  I believe Tight has
this in the new beta versions, but they are only for Unix.

Greg