Macintosh Beta - Prefs file locked

Jonathan Morton chromatix "at"
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 04:33:56 +0000

>I am having some trouble and thought maybe someone with a little more
>experience could help.
>I have just installed VNC for Macintosh Beta, and when I go into the VNC
>controls, it will not let me change anything. Also when I leave the
>program it says that the preference file is locked and therefore can not
>be saved. Is there anyone who has encountered this as well or knows how to
>fix this?

1) try relaunching the server and try again - the prefs file should have
been created the first time round and shouuld now be accessible.

2) try the new server from the URL in my signature, which is probably a
better bet all round.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi "at"  (not for attachments)
big-mail: chromatix "at"
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at"

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from

Version 3.12