WinVNC - Dun 1.3 Issue

Dan Prunuske dprune "at" dotnet.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:46:42 +0000

Whew, finally figured it out. When manually specifying the server's IP
address, set it in "TCP/IP -> Dial Up Adapter #2 (VPN Support)" *ONLY*. I
was setting it in both dial up adapters listed. I set the IP address to
192.168.1.10 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

When setting up the client's dial up networking, I left the TCP/IP settings
all to "Server Assigned". All works well.

Without any connection, Winipcfg reports all zeros at the server end, yet
when I hover over the VNC icon, it reports 192.168.1.10. After a connection
is made, it reports 192.168.1.10 *and* 195.168.55.1?? (What's the second
number all about?)

Without any connection, Winipcfg reports all zeros at the client end and
192.168.55.2 after connected. Not sure what that means.

In any event, all works as advertised now. I can access my ISP with the VNC
server can access it remotely when required. Now, on to implementing some
sort of file transfer, but I that's another list <g>. (Otoh,
hints/suggestions are always welcome.)

Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

Dan