VNC GUI?

Steve Bostedor steveb "at" tshore.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 21:49:28 +0000

ok, I've been asked that before.  I think that it would be simple for me to
add that kind of functionality to VNCScan if that's the only reason that you
would not use it.  I could place a custom command and set a variable for the
IP address and port of the selected computer that you can insert into the
command line wherever it is needed.  Example: zebedee -f
vncviewer.zbd -config somefile.vnc %ip%:%port%
Be sure to check out version 3.2.0 when it comes out in a couple of days
because it has something like that already in it.  I can add that
functionality in full in the next version.  I think that'd be easier than
you having to make the whole thing from scratch.

Steve Bostedor

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Glenn Mabbutt
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 3:54 PM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: VNC GUI?

Well, from my brief examination, it only launches vncviewer, whereas I want
to launch zebedee (which would then launch vncviewer) AND potentially
vncviewer by itself, depending on how I configure the entry (basically, I
was thinking of a method to set what command it calls - probably entries in
a tab-delineated text file?).  I was thinking perhaps someone's already
thought of this or something similar that I might be able download the
source code for and modify myself rather than do it all from scratch.