Windows Version - Blank remote user's screen

Dan Fulbright vnc-list "at" okra.org
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:23:40 +0000

> This is something I thought about doing at one point, but never actually got
> round to it.  The way I was considering was to make use of the monitors
> power saving features to disable it, rather than to actually "black-out" a
> screen.  Some problems with this one might be:

FWIW, PCAnywhere cannot always blank the server's screen.  After my
department all got new monitors, the option to blank the screen was greyed
out.  It is very hardware dependent (and therefore probably difficult to
implement in WinVNC).

Dan Fulbright