My X VNC server is working, but I don't see my normal environ ment Solaris

Neuplanche, Yanael Yanael.Neuplanche "at" bte.bt.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 11:44:24 +0000

Thanks for your response.
Thanks to your advice, i can now open a session.
I would like to kown if it's possible to obtain
the exact copy of what is running on the real Solaris'station.
I don't want a new session. I just want to get the same screen of the Unix
machine.
Is it possible ? or what is possible is only to get a new graphical session.
Regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Palocz [mailto:spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 3:54 PM
To: vnc-list
Subject: RE: My X VNC server is working, but I don't see my normal
environment Solaris

"What I suggest is to use Xvnc for the -query. My command line that I use is
as follows

/usr/local/bin/Xvnc :1 -geometry 1024x768 -depth 8 -once -query
localhost -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -auth /.Xauthority -httpport
5801 -dontdisconnect

The other way requires you to have perl installed. If so
running /usr/local/bin/vncserver will check for directory of ~/.vnc if not
exist creates it.

So check if this dir is there with ls -a
if so delete it.

Next vi /usr/local/bin/vncserver and find twm.
Change it to dtwm.

Then run /usr/loacl/bin/vncserver
It will prompt you for a password for vnc connections

Then run /usr/local/bin/vncserver again and it will create ~/.vnc/xstartup

That is all that should be needed. Now the first option should give you a
login screen like you see at the console. The second will give you the
desktop with the panel at the bottom and xterm open."