User doesn't show up when logged on...

Joshua J. Kugler jkugler "at" bigfoot.com
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:09:01 +0000

Hello.

I'm using Xvnc with the -inetd option, and logging in via kdm (with -query
localhost).  I just noticed a "glitch" tonight.  When I (or another user)
is logged in, the user name does not show up in the last log, nor does it
show up when you finger the machine.  Is there any way to add this
capability?  Does that have to do with kdm? Xvnc?  It seems this could give
rise to lax security since you don't know when a user is on.

Thanks!

Joshua J. Kugler
Computer Consultant--Web Developer
jkugler "at" bigfoot.com
ICQ#:13706295
Every knee shall bow, and every tongue confess, in heaven, on earth, and
under the earth, that Jesus Christ is LORD -- Count on it!