My X VNC server is working, but I don't see my normal environment Solaris

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:57:13 +0000

"What I suggest is to use Xvnc for the -query. My command line that I use is
as follows

/usr/local/bin/Xvnc :1 -geometry 1024x768 -depth 8 -once -query
localhost -httpd /usr/local/vnc/classes -auth /.Xauthority -httpport
5801 -dontdisconnect

The other way requires you to have perl installed. If so
running /usr/local/bin/vncserver will check for directory of ~/.vnc if not
exist creates it.

So check if this dir is there with ls -a
if so delete it.

Next vi /usr/local/bin/vncserver and find twm.
Change it to dtwm.

Then run /usr/loacl/bin/vncserver
It will prompt you for a password for vnc connections

Then run /usr/local/bin/vncserver again and it will create ~/.vnc/xstartup

That is all that should be needed. Now the first option should give you a
login screen like you see at the console. The second will give you the
desktop with the panel at the bottom and xterm open."