VNC -identd xstartup issues

PhaseBurn PhaseBurn "at" PhaseBurn.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 13:55:57 +0000

no, that works fine...

but when I add it to the xinetd service file, it just drops the
connection...

what I have in my xinetd config (and what works as a server) is this:

service vnc
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/bin/Xvnc
        server_args             = -inetd -once -broadcast -geometry
1024x768 -depth 8
        bind                    = 192.168.100.1
}

That starts it up just fine when I telnet to the port or connect using the
viewer...

but I don't know how to

1) password protect this while still loading through xinetd
2) run ANYTHING inside it, so that I don't have just a blank grey screen and
cursor...

the reason I need xinetd is so that I can bind it to a specific IP address
(not interface)

Is what I'm trying to do even possible with out extensive mutilation and
torture of the source code? I'm not exactly a coder, and my linux skills are
rather limited. I've tried all the command line parameters, and nothing
seems to work to help, I either end up with a blank screen, or can't log in
at all...

-PhaseBurn