VNC -identd xstartup issues

Tim Waugh twaugh "at" redhat.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:28:13 +0000

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 04:05:00AM -0800, PhaseBurn wrote:

> anybody know of a xinetd compatible "middle man" that loads the X server,
> loads the programs usually in xstartup, and most importantly asks for a
> password? All I'm getting is the grey screen with the curser (doesn't ask
> for a password even) and what not...

To get it to ask for a password, just run vncpasswd to create a passwd
file and give Xvnc the -rfbauth parameter.

A simple-minded script like:

#! /bin/sh

( sleep 5; twm & )
exec Xvnc -rfbauth ...

ought to do the trick in a quick and dirty way I think.

Tim.
*/

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]