VNC -identd xstartup issues

Tim Waugh twaugh "at"
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:47:19 +0000

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:15:12PM -0800, PhaseBurn wrote:

> I just installed VNC 3.3.3r2-4 from the RPM, under Red Hat 7.0... I got Xvnc
> working find under xinetd and am running it as root, bound to the internal
> LAN IP only. I can connect just fine using the windows viewer, but it's only
> a grey background with a curser. I know the xstartup file is run to load
> programs, and I know that mine obviously is empty, but I can't find the one
> that is being used.

As I understand it, all you get when you use -inetd is the VNC server;
vncserver is the script that _also_ runs xstartup.  If you are using
-inetd, you have to start your window manager etc by hand.

If anyone knows different, I'd be very interested.

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]
to majordomo "at"
See also: