VNC -identd xstartup issues

PhaseBurn PhaseBurn "at" PhaseBurn.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:15:54 +0000

Hey all...

I just installed VNC 3.3.3r2-4 from the RPM, under Red Hat 7.0... I got Xvnc
working find under xinetd and am running it as root, bound to the internal
LAN IP only. I can connect just fine using the windows viewer, but it's only
a grey background with a curser. I know the xstartup file is run to load
programs, and I know that mine obviously is empty, but I can't find the one
that is being used.

I have one under /root/.vnc/xstartup (it's the only one on the system) and
it works fine when running VNC normally not through xinetd... but for some
reason, it's not loading it through the super server.

Where do I have to copy xstartup so that Xvnc runs it when going through
xinetd? Or is there an undocumented command line option that can specify the
location of the xstartup script?

Any help would be appreciated.

-PhaseBurn
PhaseBurn "at" PhaseBurn.net