KDE 2.0 not working with VNC

Geoff Ghose geoff "at" focus.neusc.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:00:27 +0000

Fredrick Ludden wrote:

> I know I am calling the correct startkde, because I removed the old kde.
> The funny thing is that KDE 2.0 works fine on the Linux box, but not when
> viewed by the Windows client...  I probably am doing something stupid
> though...   Any other ideas???
>
> Thanks,
> Fred
>
> > Make sure you are calling the correct startkde script from your
> > ~/.vnc/xstartup, I run kde2 and it works fine!

I imagine the problem is the DCOP server used for inter-process communication. KDE2
expects that there should be only one running per user, so two concurrent KDE2 sessions
are a problem. I tried starting the VNC KDE2 session in a different directory so that a
new DCOP server would be started up, but that didn't seem to work too well either.

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of geoff.vcf]