Is it possible to tunnel VNC over HTPP to go through a firewall

Angel R. Puerta puerta "at" redwhale.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:27:03 +0000

I have a situation where the vnc server is behind a firewall that has only
standard ports open (such as the http ports). The vnc client is outside the
firewall and the fw is not allowing the 5800 and 5900 traffic required (I'm
using the java applet on a web browser to run vnc. We are using windows
2000 on the server side and win 98/nt/2000 on the client side (outside fw).

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem? Can all the traffic be
tunneled through http? or is there an appropriate solution for this problem
in the windows environment?

Thanks,
Angel