KDE 2.0 not working with VNC

Andrew Lyon Administrator "at" josims.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:24:00 +0000

Make sure you are calling the correct startkde script from your
~/.vnc/xstartup, I run kde2 and it works fine!

[root "at" gateway src]# cat ~/.vnc/xstartup
#/opt/kde2/bin/startkde
startkde

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Fredrick Ludden [mailto:ludden "at" n-link.com]
Sent: 12 November 2000 17:35
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: KDE 2.0 not working with VNC

I have been using VNC at home for some time now.  Usually a VNC server (KDE
1.1) on my Slackware 7.1 Linux (2.2.16) box and viewed by a Windows 98
client.
No problems.

I upgraded to KDE 2.0 and now VNC is not working properly.  KDE runs just
fine
on the Linux box (looks great BTW!), but when I try to connect to the server
from the windows box, I get only a partial KDE display.  The background
looks
funny and there are no menu bars.  I have the desktop icons and am able to
right click and get a menu, but nothing else.  It seems as if the only a
partial initialization has occured.  I don't see any obvious errors on the
Linux box either so I am stumped.

Anyone else tried this yet?  Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

Registered Office:
J.O. Sims Ltd
Pudding Lane
Pinchbeck
Spalding
Lincs
PE11 3TJ
Company reg No: 2084187 Vat reg No: GB 437 4621 47
Tel: +44 (0) 1775 842100
Fax: +44 (0) 1775 842101
Web: www.josims.com
Email: enquiries "at" josims.com

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended for the addressee only. The contents of
this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the
sender's consent. If you are not the intended recipient of
the message, please notify the sender immediately, and
delete the message.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those
of the company. No commitment may be inferred from the
contents unless explicitly stated.  The company does not
take any responsibility for the personal views of the
author.

This message has been scanned for viruses before sending,
but the company does not accept any responsibility for
infection and recommends that you scan any attachments.