VNCThing 2.1 - Query

Hamish hamish "at" roshtechtoowoomba.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 03:46:30 +0000

this rocks as a client...are you developing a server?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Jonathan Morton
Sent: Friday, 10 November 2000 22:41
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: VNCThing 2.1

>No updates for months, then three come along at once... :-)
>
>I've released a new build of my Mac client - changes are:
>
>  - Fixed crash when the connection drops unexpectedly
>  - Fixed crash connecting to servers that aren't running VNC
>  - Added window menu to list open connections

Well, umm, that's the *second* update.  For the third, may I suggest
re-introducing a FrameBufferUpdateRequest as soon as a FrameBufferUpdate is
completely received?  The current behaviour is definitely more 'friendly'
than before, but currently lacks immediate feedback on a fast connection,
and this small change would bring VNCThing into line with the behaviour of
all other VNC viewers.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
big-mail: chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/