enabling raw encoding

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:58:31 +0000

Or you could just type c:\program files\orl\vnc\vncviewer -register

This tells the Windows shell that .vnc files are associated with the
vncviewer. You should then be able to double-click on them to start the
session. Sometimes Windows seems to need restarting before this take effect.

The above was taken from the documentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Philip Andrew
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2000 12:30 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: enabling raw encoding

Actually, the .VNC file doesn't have to be in the same directory as the
viewer, you just have to quote paths with spaces in them.

I created a file type on my machine for the VNC extension; it has an
"open" action which runs the command

   "C:\PROGRAM FILES\ORL\VNC\VNCVIEWER.EXE" -config "%1"

(and it also sets the icon to the red VNC icon).  So when you
double-click on a .VNC file, it brings up the viewer.

-Phil