Logging connections to /var/log/secure - UNIX

Robert Wagner rwagner "at" shelton-tech.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:48:01 +0000

Linux RedHat 6.2
Is there a way to setup TridiaVNC server to log all connections to
/var/log/secure or messages so it can be tracked with the regular system
logs?

I would like an entry like:

Sep 18 09:49:22 servername TridiaVNC[17554]: connect from 192.168.0.1
Sep 18 09:50:22 servername TridiaVNC[17554]: disconnect from 192.168.0.1

I see the logs under .vnc, the dates are a little wierd - we just installed
it a couple of weeks ago and I see stuff dated:

3/11/00
6/11/00
7/11/00
8/11/00
9/11/00
10/11/00

Since today is 11/10/00 mm/dd/yy?  Is this another country's date format??
dd/mm/yy

Reason - we use a logcheck program to view and capture and report any log
anomalies.

Another question - can TridiaVNC be setup to allow connections only from
certain IPs or are you leaving this up to ipchains?