[patch] bind to specific interface in Xvnc

Tim Waugh twaugh "at" redhat.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:54:41 +0000

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 09:54:59AM -0500, W. Brian Blevins wrote:

> We have added your patch to the TridiaVNC source tree.  I think this
> will be useful for more secure VNC access to firewalls and routers.

Great.  Note that it doesn't close off the X socket, so although 5810
and 5910 will be bound to an interface, 6010 will be open to all
interfaces.

I'm not enough of an X hacker to fix this, but someone should probably
look at it so that people don't trust -interface too much.

Tim.
*/

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]