[patch] bind to specific interface in Xvnc

W. Brian Blevins brian.blevins "at" tridia.com
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:40:37 +0000

Tim,

> [patch] bind to specific interface in Xvnc
>
> From: Tim Waugh (twaugh "at" redhat.com)
> Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 11:31:13 EST
>

> Here is a patch to add a parameter '-interface ipaddr' to Xvnc. It
> causes the RFB and HTTP sockets (but not the normal X one) to be bound
> to the particular interface address. It's against VNC 3.3.3r2.
>
> Is this useful?

We have added your patch to the TridiaVNC source tree.  I think this
will be useful for more secure VNC access to firewalls and routers.
Of course, you can get the same effect with IP-chains, but they can
be a challenge to configure properly.  The code is now on the CVS
server and it will be in the next prerelease.

--
Brian