No Mouse or CRTL-ALT-DEL

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano "at" usaiss.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 18:11:01 +0000

Ive recently had a similar issue regarding the viewer working when machines
are logged in (and acting up if no one is logged in).
A fellow lister recommended that the HKEY\Local_Machine and
HKEY\Current_User VNC registry keys have the same data.

In my case this worked, as the current user key took hold when the machine
was logged in, and the local machine key was used
if no one was logged in.

Making sure both keys were the same (since the viewer worked when the
machine was logged in, using that key's values) fixed
the problems on our end.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano "at" usaiss.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of
bdolnik "at" usbid.com
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 12:50 PM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: No Mouse or CRTL-ALT-DEL

Just installed latest version of VNC on NT4.0 Server and try viewing with
VNC viewer on NT 4.0 workstaion. After connect I have no mouse and the
CTRL-ALT-DEL option for the viewer doesn't work.

If the server is already logged in it does seem to work, but don't get
anything if the login prompt is up on the server?

I've looked at the archive but haven't been able to come up with anything.

Thanks in advance...