List archives (was Bug in VNC with NumLock key)

Aideen McConville amcc "at" uk.research.att.com
Thu, 09 Nov 2000 12:53:59 +0000

Mickey Ferguson writes:
 > I simply can't handle the amount of traffic this mailing list generates.  Is
 > there a Usenet-style newsgroup I can read that contains all of the postings
 > so I can control when I read the list and make it a lot easier to go
 > through?  I'm just about ready to unsubscribe from the list, but would still
 > like to find out about resolution to my problem report.

Sorry - we don't currently have any plans to provide a public
usenet style newsgroup. However all the messages are archived (and
searchable) on our website. The archived messages are updated every 15
mins and the search index weekly.

See http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/intouch.html for links to:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/archives
http://www.uk.research.att.com/search.html

Alternatively, you could filter list messages to a separate mail
folder and only read that folder as required.

If you have an in-house news server your admin might be willing to
gateway vnc-list messages to a local newsgroup for you.

-- Aideen (list-admin)